Monday, October 25, 2010

Fuzzy Dice???

Basically, this article is discussing how people disagree with the law that says that objects cannot be hung on the rearvirew mirror because it's an obstuction of view. They claim that small items like beads or airfresheners don't block their view and a new law is needed.
"I call it a 'gotcha' law. It's an excuse to pull someone over." ~Sen. Ron Jelinek
I like this quote because it's a short and sweet way to say that this ban is not necessarily very important. The way the law is written now, it could be used just as an excuse to pull someone over. If it was revised, it might actually make more sense.

Personally, I think the current ban is not necessary. I don't think a rosary or even an airfreshener really blocks your view. Fuzzy dice, however, may be different since they are larger. I think that the ban needs to be revised so that police can pulll someone over if they have reason to believe that the object on your mirror is too large and could block your view, but I don't think it's necessary to ban hanging any objects on your mirror.

Law banning items from rearview mirrors is being rethought

No comments:

Post a Comment